Saudi Arabia Online Visa
A Saudi Arabia Transit Visa is a visa that allows travellers to stay in Saudi Arabia for up to 96 hours (4 days) while in transit to another country. The visa is not required for all nationalities, but it is recommended to check with the Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate in your home country to see if you need one.
Meaning of Saudi Arabia e-Visa
An electronic visa that allows travellers to apply online for entry to Saudi Arabia, eliminating the need for in-person embassy visits. Available for tourism, business, and transit purposes, with varying validity and entry conditions.
Who is eligible for the Saudi Arabia e-Visa?
Transit visas are usually available to citizens of countries that are eligible for visa-on-arrival or e-visa for Saudi Arabia. It means that citizens of certain countries can obtain the transit visa upon arrival at the airport, while others may need to apply for it online before their journey.
Here is a general short summary of eligibility for the Saudi Arabia Online Visa:
The Saudi Arabia e-Visa is an electronic visa available for citizens of 49 countries, allowing them to travel to Saudi Arabia for tourism or business purposes. The e-Visa is valid for 90 days and permits multiple entries. Eligible nationalities include countries from Europe, North America, Asia, and the United Arab Emirates.
Eligibility for the Saudi Arabia e-Visa (Online Visa) varies according to the purpose of the visit. The e-Visa is available for tourism, business, and transit purposes.
Eligible travellers from specific countries can apply for the e-Visa based on their purpose of visit, whether it's for leisure, business-related activities, or transiting through Saudi Arabia. For precise eligibility details, travellers should check the official website of the Saudi Arabian government's visa services or contact the nearest Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate.
Eligibility for the Saudi Arabia e-Visa (Online Visa) according to entry points means that travellers from specific eligible countries can use the e-Visa to enter Saudi Arabia through designated entry points.
These entry points are typically limited to certain airports and land border crossings that are approved for e-Visa holders. Eligible travellers should check the official website of the Saudi Arabian government's visa services or contact the nearest Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate to confirm if their nationality is eligible for the e-Visa and to find out the approved entry points for e-Visa holders.
Eligibility for the Saudi Arabia e-Visa (Online Visa) according to a valid passport means that travellers must possess a passport that meets specific requirements. The passport should have a certain validity period beyond the intended stay in Saudi Arabia, contain enough blank pages for visa endorsements, be machine-readable, and be in the standard biometric or electronic passport format.
Meeting these passport requirements is essential for travellers to be eligible to apply for the Saudi Arabia e-Visa.
The required documents typically include a valid passport with a certain validity period, a recent passport-sized photograph, a copy of the travel itinerary (for tourist and business e-Visas), and any additional documents specific to the purpose of the visit (e.g., business invitation letter for business e-Visa).
Eligible travellers should ensure they have all the necessary documents ready before applying for the Saudi Arabia e-Visa. For precise details on required documents, travellers should refer to the official website of the Saudi Arabian government's visa services or contact the nearest Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate.
What duration does it take to obtain an e-Visa from Saudi Arabia
The duration of the Transit Visa is generally short, typically valid for a few days, or up to 72 hours, depending on the specific transit period and the airline you are travelling with.
Here is a summary of the typical durations for different types of Saudi Arabia e-Visas:
The Tourist e-Visa is usually issued for short stays, allowing travellers to visit Saudi Arabia for tourism purposes. The duration of stay can vary, but it is commonly granted for stays of up to 30 days. Some e-Visas may have single-entry validity, while others might allow multiple entries during the visa's validity period.
The Business e-Visa is designed for individuals travelling to Saudi Arabia for business-related activities. The duration of stay with this visa can also vary, but it is generally granted for short-term visits, often up to 30 days.
The Transit e-Visa is meant for travellers transiting through Saudi Arabia to reach their final destination. The transit visa is usually valid for a shorter duration, typically ranging from a few hours to a few days, depending on the airline's regulations and the transit period.
Purpose of obtaining a Saudi Arabia transit visa
The Transit Visa is meant solely for transiting purposes. You are not allowed to leave the airport's international transit area during your layover. If you plan to visit Saudi Arabia as a tourist or for business purposes, you will need to apply for the appropriate visa category.
The main purposes for which travellers obtain the Saudi Arabia Online Visa are as follows:
Many travellers apply for the e-Visa to visit Saudi Arabia for tourism purposes. The country has been gradually opening up to international tourists, and the e-Visa facilitates leisure travel, allowing tourists to explore Saudi Arabia's rich cultural heritage, historical sites, natural landscapes, and modern attractions.
The e-Visa is also used for business travel to Saudi Arabia. Business professionals, entrepreneurs, and investors often apply for the Business e-Visa to attend meetings, conferences, trade events, and explore potential business opportunities in the country.
Travellers with layovers or transits in Saudi Arabia while en route to their final destination can apply for the Transit e-Visa. This visa allows them to stay in the airport's international transit area without the need for a regular tourist or business visa.
Travellers must comply with the purpose specified in their e-Visa during their stay in Saudi Arabia. Deviating from the stated purpose may result in legal consequences or difficulties in future visa applications.
Application process for the Saudi Arabia Online Visa (e-Visa)
For travellers from countries that require an advance visa, they will need to apply for the Transit Visa before their journey. This can usually be done through the official website of the Saudi Arabia government's visa services.
- Visit the Official Website: Go to the official website of the visa services, where you can find information about the different types of e-Visas available and the requirements for each visa type.
- Choose the Visa Type: Select the appropriate visa type based on the purpose of your visit. The options typically include Tourist e-Visa, Business e-Visa, and Transit e-Visa.
- Check Eligibility: Verify your eligibility for the e-Visa by checking if your nationality is eligible for the online visa and if you meet the specific requirements for the chosen visa category.
- Fill out the Application Form: Complete the online Saudi Arabia eVisa application form with accurate and up-to-date information. You will need to provide personal details, travel information, and other relevant data as per the visa type.
- Upload Required Documents: Depending on the e-Visa type, you may need to upload scanned copies of documents such as your passport, passport-size photo, itinerary, proof of accommodation, and any other specific documents required for the visa category.
- Pay the Visa Fee: Make the necessary payment for the e-Visa application. The fee amount can vary depending on the visa type and your nationality.
- Submit the Application: Review all the provided information and documents before submitting the application. Once submitted, you may receive a confirmation or reference number for your application.
- Wait for Processing: The processing time for the e-Visa application can vary. In some cases, you may receive your e-Visa within a few days. However, during busy periods, processing times may be longer.
- Receive the e-Visa: If your application is approved, you will receive the e-Visa via email or download it from the official website. Print out a copy of the e-Visa to present at the Saudi Arabian port of entry.
Conditions and requirements of the issuance of the e-Visa
The issuance of a transit visa is subject to certain conditions and requirements set by Saudi Arabia's authorities. These conditions may include having a confirmed onward ticket, being in possession of a valid passport with a certain validity period, and having the necessary funds to cover your transit expenses.
- Valid Passport: You will need a valid passport with a certain validity period beyond your planned transit date. The validity requirement might differ based on your nationality and the specific transit rules.
- Passport-size Photo: You may be required to provide one or two recent passport-sized photos. The photos should meet specific size and background colour requirements as specified by the Saudi Arabian authorities.
- Onward Travel Itinerary: You will likely need to provide a copy of your onward travel itinerary, showing your confirmed flight booking for leaving Saudi Arabia within the allowed transit period.
- Medical Certificate: Some countries may require a medical certificate stating that you are in good health and fit to travel.
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate: If you are travelling from or through a country where yellow fever is endemic, you might need to present a yellow fever vaccination certificate. This requirement is in place to prevent the spread of the disease.
- Visa Fee: There may be a visa processing fee that you need to pay when submitting your application. The fee amount can vary based on your nationality and the type of visa you are applying for.
Additionally, depending on the airport and the length of your transit, you might not be required to obtain a transit visa if you are not leaving the airport's international transit area during your layover. In such cases, you can stay in the airport without a visa as long as you meet the transit requirements. However, if you wish to leave the airport for any reason during your layover, you will need to apply for a Transit Visa in advance.
Yes, you can bring your family on a Saudi Arabia work visa. Once you have obtained your work visa, you can apply for a family visit visa or a residence permit (Iqama) for your spouse and dependent children.
The validity of the visa depends on the type of visa. Temporary work visas are usually valid for up to 90 days, while employment visas are valid for the duration of the employment contract, which can be one or two years and renewable.
To change employers in Saudi Arabia, you must obtain a release letter (NOC) from your current employer and a new job offer from the prospective employer. Your new employer will then need to apply for a new work visa on your behalf.
No, working in Saudi Arabia without a valid work visa is illegal and can result in fines, deportation, and a ban on re-entry.
No, you cannot convert a tourist visa into a work visa in Saudi Arabia. You must apply for a work visa from your country of residence before entering the Kingdom.