Saudi Arabia eVisa Requirements
Traveling to Saudi Arabia has been made easier and faster through the eVisa. An eVisa is an official document that permits entry into and travel within Saudi Arabia.
It is an alternative to visas issued at Saudi embassies and consulates. Here are the detailed requirements and processes involved in obtaining a Saudi Arabia eVisa.
What documents are required to apply for a Saudi Arabia eVisa?
To apply for a Saudi Arabia eVisa, you will need the following documents required for Saudi Arabia eVisa:
- Passport: A digital copy of your valid passport. The passport should have at least six months' validity from the planned date of entry into Saudi Arabia.
- Photograph: A recent digital photograph of the applicant.
- Email Address: A valid email address to receive the eVisa.
- Payment Method: A valid debit or credit card to pay the eVisa fee.
Saudi Arabia Passport Requirements
The passport should be valid for at least six months from the date of entry into Saudi Arabia. It should have at least two blank visa pages available for the visa stamp.
Note that amendment pages at the back of the passport are not suitable for Saudi visas.
Saudi Arabia eVisa Mandatory Insurance Policy
Travelers with a Saudi Arabia eVisa are required to have valid travel insurance. The insurance policy must cover medical emergencies and repatriation costs.
What is the process for obtaining a Saudi Arabia eVisa?
The process of obtaining a Saudi Arabia eVisa involves the following steps:
- Application: Complete the online Saudi Arabia eVisa application form with accurate personal and passport information.
- Documentation: Upload the required documents.
- Payment: Pay the eVisa processing fee using a valid debit or credit card.
- Receive eVisa: Once your application is approved, the eVisa will be sent to your email address.
How long is the processing time for a Saudi Arabia eVisa?
The processing time for a Saudi Arabia eVisa can take up to 72 hours. Generally, the processing time can be divided into three categories:
- Normal Processing: It usually takes around 3-7 business days to process the eVisa under normal circumstances.
- Rush Processing: With rush processing, the eVisa can usually be obtained in 1-3 business days. This option typically costs more than the normal processing.
- Super Rush Processing: For immediate travel needs, some service providers offer a super rush option, which could process the eVisa within 24 hours. This is the most expensive option.
It's advisable to apply at least a week before your planned travel to account for any unforeseen delays.
Is there an age restriction for applying for an eVisa to Saudi Arabia?
There is no age restriction for applying for an eVisa to Saudi Arabia. Minors (individuals under 18) may need to travel with an adult or have their application made by an adult.
Can I use a Saudi eVisa for multiple entries or is it only valid for a single entry?
Saudi eVisa was a multiple-entry visa.
- This means you can enter and leave Saudi Arabia as many times as you want within the visa's validity period.
- The visa typically lasts for one year from the date of issue.
- However, the total duration of your stays cannot exceed 90 days per year.
What is the duration of stay allowed on a Saudi eVisa?
The Saudi eVisa allows a stay of up to 90 days per entry. The total duration of stay should not exceed 180 days in a year.
Are there any restrictions or conditions for employment purposes on a Saudi eVisa?
Yes, the Saudi eVisa is strictly for tourism purposes. It does not permit the visa holder to work or seek employment in Saudi Arabia.
Can I extend the validity of my Saudi eVisa if needed?
The Saudi eVisa is not extendable. Once it expires, you will need to apply for a new eVisa.
Travel Documentation for Saudi Arabia
When you arrive in Saudi Arabia, you should have the following documents ready for inspection:
- Passport: Your valid passport.
- eVisa: A printout of your eVisa.
- Proof of Accommodation: Proof of where you will be staying during your visit (e.g., hotel booking confirmation).
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: Proof that you have enough money for your stay (e.g., bank statement, cash, credit cards).
- Return or Onward Ticket: A copy of your confirmed return flight ticket or an onward ticket.
Tourism Recovery Stays On Track
The travel, tourism, and hospitality sector in Saudi Arabia is expected to recover in 2023 following significant pandemic-induced disruptions. International tourist arrivals, which dropped from 20 million in 2019 to 4.1 million in 2020, have shown signs of improvement in 2022. The recovery is driven by looser travel restrictions, the resumption of the haj pilgrimage for international visitors, and improving conditions in major source markets. The kingdom is projected to return to pre-pandemic levels in 2023 and could achieve full recovery by the end of 2024.
Yes, it is recommended to print out your eVisa to present it at the immigration checkpoint upon your arrival in Saudi Arabia. It's also a good idea to keep a digital copy on your phone or tablet.
No, your passport should be valid for at least six months from your planned date of entry into Saudi Arabia.
No, the Saudi eVisa is strictly for tourism purposes. It does not permit the visa holder to work or seek employment in Saudi Arabia.
Minors under the age of 18 should apply with a guardian or parent. They will need to provide the same documents as adults in the application process.
No, the Saudi eVisa is not extendable. You must leave the country before the visa expires. If you overstay, you could face fines and possible deportation.
The eVisa fees can be paid online using a valid debit or credit card during the application process.
The eVisa policy applies to citizens of eligible countries. It is best to check the most recent information from the official Saudi Arabia eVisa website or your nearest Saudi embassy or consulate.
The Saudi eVisa is typically a multiple entry visa, allowing the visa holder to enter and exit the country multiple times within the validity of the visa.
The processing time can take up to 72 hours, but it is often issued within a few hours. It's advisable to apply at least a week before your planned travel to account for any unforeseen delays.
Generally, the eVisa fees are non-refundable. However, specific details should be checked on the official Saudi Arabia eVisa website.